mtbr member
    Aug 2008

RAM-Mount for iPhone

Anyone have their iPhone mounted to their bars (or stem)? I'm assuming quite a few do....

RAM-mount makes some really nice modular mounts & cradles for GPSs, iPhones and a ton of other stuff, and I noticed a while back that they have a pretty nice setup to mount an iPhone to the stem.

I carry my phone with me when I ride usually (just in case, and for photos & GPS) and while riding last weekend, I was taking it out left and right to shoot photos so it got me thinking more about that mount. It'd be really nice to have it right there on the bars (I don't care about the weight, unless it does mess with handling a lot)

But I wonder if the constant jarring will trash the phone. Anyone have any experience with this? I know the RAM mount will keep it in place, but I'm wondering how the phone will handle the major jarring of hauling down a rocky hill at high speed?

Thanks for any input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nevermind - I found some info - I'd still like to hear of phone failures if there are any.

Once I started thinking about the jarring it would take I pulled back my order and wanted to search around for input.

noob
    Aug 2010
    I'm going to make my own iphone mount. I have my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender, so there's natural protection there. My mount will be made of aluminum, so I would expect it to be well protected.

I'm buying materials today. I'll post info when I'm done.

RAM mounts aren't all they're cracked up to be. Might work fine for your ATV...

Rider down: cnbiker (Thurs night Gap ride disaster)