Thread: Quick question.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Quick question.

I have a trek incite 8i and am setting it up...i also have a GT peace 9r multi, i noticed that it does not have an option for 29inch rims...but it does have the option to put in a custom wheel size....and it give me 4 digits worth of room to put in the size....why do i need to enter 4 digits?...or do i have to at all?...

it also wants me to draw a line on the ground where the valve is, roll the bike and mesure in milimeters what that distance is....trouble is i dont have the equipment handy to measure in milimeters....has anyone perfomed this task and already have that info handy?

Thanks in advance.

If you need to use the rollout method (sounds like you do) then you have to do it yourself, as the measurement differs depending on the tire installed and the tire pressure run. It doesn't matter that you don't have anything to measure in millimeters. Use a regular tape measure then convert from inches to millimeters. Just make sure you're as precise as possible. Fractions of an inch matter a lot.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Here is an easy online calculator to help with the conversion. Like Nate said, be as accurate as possible. It will make a noticeable difference when measuring a ride.

http://mg-jewelry.com/mmtoinches.html
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve