mtbr member
    May 2008

QUESTION-Garmin Edge 705 Topo Map

I want to grab a card or dvd with the topo map for my garmin 705, but I see they have the national parts, or the US Topo Map. I'm confused because wouldn't the national parks one be included in the overall US Topo Map? Which map has Las Vegas area topo stuff on it? I would assume it's just the US Topo Map.

Thanks for any help from anyone with experience on this!

Greg

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Garmin Topo US 2008 is pretty nice and provides national coverage, you won't be able to use all of it at once on a memory card as it represents too much data and too many map tiles, but it certainly works on my 705.

The data in the mapset is about 1:100,000 scale, Garmin has other more detailed (1:24,000 scale) maps of some areas, which provide a bunch more detail.

The aformentioned map limit for the Garmin devices has been 2025 map tiles total and the devices only take up to 2 Gb memory cards (4 Gb cards will *not* work, don't bother trying).

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Check out http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=170615 for instructions on combining the map segments to reduce the total number, and get all of the USA Topo's onto one 2GB card.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    The aformentioned map limit for the Garmin devices has been 2025 map tiles total and the devices only take up to 2 Gb memory cards (4 Gb cards will *not* work, don't bother trying).