mtbr member

Quadlock bike mount

anyone use/have a quadlock bike mount? I saw it as an advertisement on my facebook listings and I've been sold. It looks pretty clean and it's not going to put a huge hole in your wallet. But I thought it was worth posting here to see if it has any issues although their promo video shows that MTBers can use it as well.

I'm not going to put the link here since it'll make me look like one of their salesmen lol, but feel free to google it.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    so, has anyone used one of these mounts? I am intrerested in this mount as well.

thanks.

not waterproof or dustproof? Thin and wimpy? I just don't see this as being very good for mtb use. Maybe for the road bike on nice days where dust isn't an issue and crashes are less likely.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    not waterproof or dustproof? Thin and wimpy? I just don't see this as being very good for mtb use. Maybe for the road bike on nice days where dust isn't an issue and crashes are less likely.
    they come with a cover that they call a "Poncho" for you phone that seals the exposed screen and edges that just kind of goes over the phone... Also, I wouldnt call this thin and wimpy. They tested the strength of the mount and the phone stayed attached with 176lbs on it.

pretty impressive.. I am still on the fence about getting one of these or a cycling computer..

Quote Originally Posted by smbundy13 View Post
    they come with a cover that they call a "Poncho" for you phone that seals the exposed screen and edges that just kind of goes over the phone... Also, I wouldnt call this thin and wimpy. They tested the strength of the mount and the phone stayed attached with 176lbs on it.

pretty impressive.. I am still on the fence about getting one of these or a cycling computer..
    it was the plastic "protective" case that I was calling thin and wimpy. Also, the size and shape of a phone would make it fairly easy to torque out of the mount regardless of how much weight it "supports".

mtbr member

Quadlock bike mount

I have the quad lock and I love mine the "poncho" is great I dropped my phone in a puddle after a ride this past weekend and not a drop if water got into the case also this case holds onto the bike very well I rode around downtown San Francisco and also around monte bello here in the Bay Area and it held up very well to alot of thrashing on the bars. My friend also has one on his specalized demo and he has taken it to demo forest in Santa Cruz and it never once fell off this is a good quality mount and case as well doesn't add to much bulk to the phone.

I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good mount.

The downfalls are screen is hard to see with the poncho on unless u come to a stop and block the sun from hitting it. And also the mount doesn't fit on the stem I have which is the stock specalized stem, I have a rockhopper 29er 2013 so I have mine mounted in my handlebars ill attach a pic

I hope this answers all ur questions

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I wish Quadlock would make a mount for my Garmin GPSMAP 62s - i would buy it in a heartbeat.