Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Polar FT7 HRM watch

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  tracerprix 
#1 ·
Anyone use this particular model to track vitals on their rides? When I was road cycling alot I used the Garmin with the HRM to track vitals. MTB I have no need for the Garmin due to lost satellite in heavy canopy. So I bought the FT7 to track my vitals. Plus I will use it in the gym to maintain target zone as well.

Just wondered how it was and if as good as the feedback it received?

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I plan on using mine in the gym while on the spin bike to adjust from cardio training to burning fat. On the trail I plan to use just to monitor my heart rate and calories burned. I don't expect the calorie feature to be too accurate but gives me an idea what is happening.

One question more???? Do you have the flowlink as well to upload to Polar's site for downloading your information? I am teetering on getting one to keep track of the results.

#5 ·
Yes I do have the flowlink. I found it at bestbuy for $50, and I had a gift card. It uploads the totals and shows them on a calender. I wish that it would graph a workout with your heart rate by the 1-5 minute interval, but it doesn't. I don't think any polar watch does.

I use it at the gym for my cardio classes and cardio workouts, along with weight training and spin class. Works very well.

Also I wish it would display the % of max heart rate along with the actual heart rate. I am not sure if the higher models do yet. I got this one as a gift and I am very happy with it. When I need a new one I might just for the FT60 or FT80.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.