mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Oregon 600 bike mount

Has anyone had a problem with the Oregon 600 coming off its bike mount. I have two mounts on two separate bikes and the unit has jumped off both of them when I hit potholes at speed. I'm not happy about this and thinking of taking it back but what other kind of mount could I use anyway?

The GPS should "click" into the mount. My Oregon 450 uses the same mount and it's only come out once, and that was when I crashed. I have crashed many times without it coming out, but that one crash was just right for that to happen. Sounds to me like you are not getting it fully into the mount.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Re: Oregon 600 bike mount

I have 3 of that mount on different bikes and never had a problem. Crashed a couple of times and took a direct hit gouging the gps case once. Has never come loose. One mount is used on a rigid fork bike even.

Make sure it clicks into place. When new the mount has a lot of friction to it and can be hard to get the gps to seat all the way down.

mtbr member
    I have had the opposite experience with mine. Found it hard to get out. Had to tap it out a couple of times, only to have it hurt the ground.

Andrew

Maromero
    My Dakota uses the same mount and has fallen now three times, the first one was my fault as I was trying to "change the page" while riding fast on cobblestone, the second was just about the same, but I wasn't even touching it, both I was able to notice when it happened, luckily after bouncing at high speed it had only minor scratches and nothing else. The last one was on a 70 km ride, on the last rough descent it just came off and I noticed maybe 3 km after, I took it as a loss since there was no way to figure out where it fell, anyway, a couple of hours later one of my fellow riders handed it to me, saying that he saw sometihng shinning at the side of the trail, there were maybe 20 other mates that had gone through the same spot without seeing it. Needless to say that I now use it with a leash. By the way, the last fail was with a brand new mount.
    My .02