Rider

Oregon 450 and HR data

I've read in a few places that folks have had issues getting HR data to show up in the GPX file from an Oregon. Well, I just purchased one and wanted to report back that this issue appears to be solved. I have no issues uploading directly from the unit and seeing HR data displayed along with other parameters.

I also want to report that I am MORE than happy with the decision that I made to purchase this unit. Although I wasted some $30 and opt'd for the 450t in lieu of just getting the base model - mainly because I liked the color of it better .

Anyway, I've downloaded OSM and one that's specific for biking. I've downloaded topo maps....there's tons of information that I can display on the trip meter, while not as visible as my old cateye computer - it's plenty visible in high/low light conditions....I'm just very happy with it.

Special thanks to Nate and his insight and helpfulness on this as well.
    No blogs here, nothing special.....I just like to ride my bike.

That's good to know. Thanks for reporting back on the Oregon and HR data. I'm glad Garmin has streamlined the process.

Rider
    Current software version of my Oregon is v6.00. Maybe if other's updated the software to that version it would solve their HR upload issues.

BTW: As kind of a side note, I have been wanting to ask this. I suppose it's a matter of preference, but I was wondering how others have their trip computer screen setup?

I have my screen setup using the "large data field" and the following displayed:

Speed (in the large top box)
    Trip Odometer ........ Heart Rate
    Moving Time ........ Moving Ave
    Elevation ....... Max Speed

Also note that the current time is also displayed on top - giving me a total of 8 different parameters displayed at once.
    No blogs here, nothing special.....I just like to ride my bike.

Oregon 450 and HR data

To be fair, the discussions about HR and the Oregon occurred here over a year ago so it would have been current. You are the first to come back and report that it is no longer an issue.

As to data fields, I fiddle with mine. I am more interested in distance than speed so it gets a more prominent location. I am also more interested in avg speed than current speed. I also put elevation on mine. I don't remember all the rest.