Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Now Garmin's being sued

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Harold 
#1 ·
This is a different case, not bike related. But in light of the Strava suit, I thought maybe folks would be interested.

Courthouse News Service

#4 ·
This is an allegedly malfunctioning device of their aircraft-specific product:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=6426&ra=true

The plaintiffs are stating that it was defective and failed to warn the pilot and they crashed into a mountain.

"At the time the GPS unit left the custody and control of defendant Garmin, it was defective and unreasonably dangerous in one or more of the following respects, among other defects:
"a. The GPS unit installed on the accident aircraft failed to provide relevant and/or accurate information regarding the aircraft's position,
"b. The terrain avoidance functionality of the GPS unit failed to provide timely alerts of approaching and hazardous terrain, and
"c. The GPS unit did not contain any warning of these or other defects.

#6 ·
I will not repeat my greed rant from the strava thread, but it applies.

The lawsuits will not kill the technology, but just drive up the price to consumers as the companies have to hire more CYA lawyers. :rolleyes:

If you want laughs, (and an insight into how so many have turned into blind, "easy button" sheep) look at the "my GPS made me do it" posts on GPS Tracklog, I'm sure you have seen those, Nate.

#7 ·
If you want laughs, (and an insight into how so many have turned into blind, "easy button" sheep) look at the "my GPS made me do it" posts on GPS Tracklog, I'm sure you have seen those, Nate.
oh yes. astounding stupidity, those are. for those unaware, go here GPS Tracklog - GPS reviews, news, tips and tricks and look up his "Waypoints" posts and you'll find the occasional "My GPS Made Me Do It" link. Also, if you follow the author on one of the major social networking sites, you'll see those individual links posted when he becomes aware of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.