Go Speed Racer

Good job! New Garmin owner here :)

I have been back into the sport for over two years now. For all of that time I have been using my crapberry and endomondo to track my rides. Recently my phone has started crashing and the gps track has become less and less reliable, so I made the plunge and picked up an edge 500. I did a bunch of research and for my budget this was the best one out there for me.

Anyway, I have a lot of history in endomondo that I do not want to loose and it does allow uploading from the garmin device, and I will probably do that. But... I probably want to use Strava also (a lot of the guys I ride with use it). I want to use it not to be super competitive, just to see where I stack up at (probably at the bottom), just to give me a baseline. I seem to remember a website / tool for uploading to multiple sites at the same time. Just looking to make my post ride computer work minimal.

With endomondo on my phone it was as simple as stopping my ride and it was instantly uploaded.

Just looking for any advice you all may have for tips / tools / tricks for quickly uploading my tracks to endomondo and strava (and perhaps garmin connect - does anyone even use that?)

Thanks everyone

Go Speed Racer
    I found this https://tapiriik.com -- It looks like what I was looking for. It keeps endomondo/strava/runkeeper all in sync, anyone using it?

I use Garmin Connect and Strava, and sometimes host files on my own website when they don't fit the requirements of either site.

I don't have a problem with uploads to either. When I use my Forerunner 310XT, it automatically uploads to GC when it's near my computer. So I really only need to worry about uploading to Strava. I do need to type in some details about my ride on GC but it's not a big deal. Does the Edge 500 support uploads via ANT+? I seem to think it does.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I use a ForeRunner 450. It would be harder not to upload to Garmin Connect. But I don't really use it. Uploading to Strava once the ForeRunner has synched is very straightforward. I just had to turn it on, more or less.

My "real" log is still in Excel.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The 500 requires you to plug in via USB...the 510 will sync to your cell via Bluetooth. My Forerunner uses ANT to upload.

I use Strava and Garmin Connect...love it.

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    The 500 requires you to plug in via USB...the 510 will sync to your cell via Bluetooth. My Forerunner uses ANT to upload.

I use Strava and Garmin Connect...love it.
    Yeah, I got that part I was just looking at solutions to getting all my old rides out of endomomdo and into Strava...

Turns out https://tapiriik.com was EXACTLY what I was looking for worked like a charm!

Thanks everyone for your help! Had my first ride last night with it, and I was surprised by how high my average and peak heart rate were.