Thread: New Edge Mount

Slow and steady
    Jan 2004

New Edge Mount

To anyone who is looking for the new, beefier, Garmin Edge 305 / 605 / 705 bike mounts.

I just ordered a 4-pack of Garmin Edge Mounts from Geoman, and they are the newer, beefier design. The new one-piece mount is quite a bit beefier than the old mount. Hopefully broken mounts are a thing of the past. Notice in the attached pictures that the plastic retaining tab is thicker, and with the one-piece mount, the amount of plastic actually locking into the zip-ties is about 3 or 4 times thicker.

I've attached pictures to help distinguish the new mount from the old mount. The new mount is on the left and the old mount is on the right. Obviously the most noticible difference is that the new mount has a molded-in "Garmin" logo on the top, but you can also see that the new mount has a thicker release tab and can be mounted in either direction without dis-assembly.

Finally, I'm sure all the weight weenies will be glad to know that the new mount weighs in at 8 grams, identical to the old mount.

Package Label
    Extra Bike Mount, Edge
    P/N: 010-10725-00
    The package barcode is 7-53759-05475-5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony; 06-13-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added part label information in case it is different than the original part.

GeoMan
    Didn't even notice that Garmin did the ol' switcharoo on me without telling anybody!

Ggggreat! Thanks for the pics too!

Thanks for the endorsement, we appreciate it very much.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    cool--i'm still using the broken mount on my mtb with no ill effect though. just the protuding tab is broken off. The unit still snaps nicely into place and even my chewed off fingernail can press down on the nub enough to release it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I feel cheated since Garmin told me there were no new mounts. I want the beefier mounts!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resist
    I feel cheated since Garmin told me there were no new mounts. I want the beefier mounts!
    I feel cheated everytime I see what Garmin Charges for these
    plastic pieces.

Note to Garmin: Make your profit on the GPS not the gouging on replacement plastic.

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    I was told by Garmin Tech Support that there was no new mount also. I would have expected better from Garmin. At the very least the right hand does not know what the Left is doing.......
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

Slow and steady
    Jan 2004
    FYI, I recently crashed OTB and hit my Edge 705 hard enough to break both zip-ties off the stem. The new mount survived unharmed and I was able to fish a couple spare ties out of my pack and reattach the Edge on the trail.