mtbr member

Need a GPS recommendation

I am looking for a basic, as in not very expensive and simple to use GPS that I could use when riding bike trails in order to find my way back to where I began. Simplicity or user friendly would be more of a value to me than the initial price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I use the Delorme PN-60 cost is not to bad.Its easy to learn just read and re-read it then load it on your computer hook up the PN-60 and start to put your route,s in it cost about 250.00-350.00 you get all the sofwear you ever need for it free.Best bang for your bucks I think.My 2 cents anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Basic

I have only used garmin units so I cannot comment on the Previous reply. The edge 305 is the least expensive garmin edge unit that will show you your position in relation to where you started. It cannot display a map or multiple files like the more powerful gps units, but it does keep a dotted line of where you have been. Look at the edge 305 Oregon 450, and some of the older units like Vistas and etrex's. Some of the older ones have come way down in price.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me