Hey, wait up!

Moveable mount for 305 - diy

Like many others, I have more than one bike. I've got my regular ride and three others I ride from time to time. I wasn't happy with cutting zip ties and finding fresh ones anytime I wanted to use my 305 on a bike that didn't have the mount on the bar. I haven't wanted to take the time and $ to order a bunch of extra mounts.

So, I've been thinking why isn't there a quick release bike mount for the 305. I looked through my stuff stash and found a QR bar mount for a budget led light I got from [chain bike store]. This $19 light came with a better bar mount than my $$$ Edge 305.

It was a slow day in the office, so I was looking how to use the QR mount with the 305 mount. A couple of zip ties later resulted in photos shown below. The 305 even rotates on its new swivel base. Instead of spending $11-14 each plus p&h to get extra official Garmin mounts, I now have a mount I can easily move as often as I like. It seems stable; if not, I'll just put a little glue in the mix.

I now have a mount permanently attached to my main ride and this mount to move around my other rides.

Is this ghetto?

FWIW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 06-25-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    Nice!!!
    Wish I had seen this before I ordered that second handle bar mount!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)