Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mounting problems with my Cateye Micro Wireless...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Withywindle 
#1 ·
Hey so I'm trying to get this silly mount working on my '08 Specialized Stumpjumper. My bike has the Futureshock Brain fork, which means I'm sure that its similar to a lot of other forks. Its tapered in circumference from the top part down to toward the brake rotors. So what this means is that the sensor mount is always sliding down and missing contact with the magnet. I've already played around with the little screw dial tightener to get the angle correct with the magnet. What usually happens is I'll go through a really bumpy section or take a jump or two and the sensor has spun around or suddenly down a couple of inches. I've used the twist ties and rubber spacer/mount as specified in the instructions, but I'm wondering if some sort of double stick tape or something that won't damage the exterior of the fork is also necessary. Anybody had a similar problem with this?

#2 ·
Withywindle said:
Anybody had a similar problem with this?
i've an 09 S-Works SJ and had no problems fitting the mircro wireless sensor to the fork, i also applied 3m paint protection film to the forks.

not done any jumps on the bike yet, but... i always flip the zipties so the ribbed side is facing the fork (for extra grip), also threading each ziptie from a different side seems to help.

...if you have no double sided tape handy, blu tac is really useful to keep things in place.

hope that's of help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.