mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Mounting Edge 305 Cadence/Speed sensor on Stumpjumper with Brain?

Hey there,

I got a good package deal price on a Garmin Edge 305 that came with the heart rate monitor and the speed/cadence sensor. I was pretty stoked about the whole thing until I realized the line that goes to the Brain on the left chainstay of my Stumpjumper is in the way. Anyone found a way to mount this silly sensor and get around the Brain flow line???

g3h6o3
    Can't you put it on the right?
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil
    Can't you put it on the right?

Yeah I thought of that but the chain would surely slap it off! Garmin wrote me back and just mentioned that I cover the hydraulic line with some rubber and then tie everything down. Sounds like it will work and my LBS seemed to think it would actually protect the brain's line even more...

How about trying the seatstay instead?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    How about trying the seatstay instead?
    Well its a Garmin Cadence/Speed sensor all in one unit, so one side is for measuring cadence and the other is for speed. So I have to have it close to the crank circumference and the wheel at the same time. I think it will work now!

My bad...I dunno what I was thinking when I typed that response. Maybe I selectively ignored 'cadence' or something. Glad you figured it out, though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    My bad...I dunno what I was thinking when I typed that response. Maybe I selectively ignored 'cadence' or something. Glad you figured it out, though.
    No thanks for replying. These forums are awesome! I don't really know how cadence will apply so much to my mountain biking, but my friend who has the same thing is raving about the Garmin 305 with all the sensors, etc.