mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Motionbased down?

When using the MotionBased Agent and I try to upload my rides to it I get this:

Unable to send data to MotionBased. Your data has been added to the local Queue to be sent when MotionBased is available through the Internet.
    Unable to connect to server (HTTP status 500)

Any ideas? The actual website seems to work, I can look at my digest etc..

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Yes they have a frozen database. Their techs really don't seem to work weekends. It should be back up tomorrow i would imagine. So many problems at motionbased I finally complained enough that they've waived my monthly charge.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    You might want to try now; my yesterday's activity was finally sent.

GeoMan
    GarminConnect worked all weekend... Same stuff, different interface.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    GarminConnect worked all weekend... Same stuff, different interface.
    I have yet to have connect accept a GPX file from my 60csx. I would also say that connect and mb are not yet at the level of having the "same stuff". The connect interface sure is easier to use, though.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I have a forerunner 305 I can't upload to garmin connect, but I can upload to motion based. Is there a reason I can only connect to motion based?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I think the simple explanation right now is that Connect just isn't fully developed and there are a ton of bugs.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Motionbased has had a ton of bugs this week... very unstable

GeoMan
    But still functional.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Lusus Naturae
    Motionbased not accepting my record for today's ride. I"m trying to use garminconnect but honestly dont care much for it yet. One big beef is where is the dot-racing and instant loading into Google earth?

Seriously now, how difficult is it to create a simple kml file, JUST LIKE MOTIONBASED did it? I can just see a bunch of stupid geeks sitting around a table talking about how sleek their boring interface is going to be since it has absolutely no more features to clutter up the space ... bastards! bloody bastards!

Get out and ride
    Sep 2003
    I have been using motionbased for a few years now. Unfortunately, they do seem to have some issues (esp. trying to upload a 10 hour ride), upload large files or multiple files. It has gotten better but still needs improvement. Sometimes you can spend an hour trying to upload 1 dam file, however since I don't pay for their service I can't complain too much.
    Jeff

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Connect as of this week started accepting ride uploads from edge 305s. The google earth feature has been enabled also. They still need to add weather,
    enable the location field, and make it more of a community based experience.

It is getting there.

Ridin bikes is fun
    I would like to cancel my Motionbased account, but when I follow the instruction I get to the part where it says cancel subscription and there is no button for cancelation. WTF and I can't find a phone#. Help!!!

Iíve been trying to figure it out all day. It seems there customer service is no service at all.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    r u paying? ask the connect moderator really nice and she might arrange to waive charges.

Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    I would like to cancel my Motionbased account, but when I follow the instruction I get to the part where it says cancel subscription and there is no button for cancelation. WTF and I can't find a phone#. Help!!!

Iíve been trying to figure it out all day. It seems there customer service is no service at all.