mtbr member
    Aug 2004

MotionBased down?

I have been having trouble logging and uploading into motion based since yesterday, is anyone else having this problem?.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, the MB Forum indicates that the system has been down all weekend but I would have thought the problem would be corrected by now. I attempted to upload a ride yesterday without success but today MB indicated there was one upload in the inbox, but I cannot get into it. Hopefully they will have it corrected soon.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1
    I have been having trouble logging and uploading into motion based since yesterday, is anyone else having this problem?.
    That site is a freaking mess. I've defended them for years saying "give them time, they'll get it fixed" but its gone on too long. I've been a paying member for several years, but when my subscription is up I won't even think about renewing it.

Even when the site is up, its painstakingly slow at best rendering it nearly useless. You would think with Garmin's backing that they'd have the resources to get this fixed, because when its working its really a great site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't get it, how difficult could it be to put up a few large servers?.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    That site is a freaking mess. I've defended them for years saying "give them time, they'll get it fixed" but its gone on too long. I've been a paying member for several years, but when my subscription is up I won't even think about renewing it.

Even when the site is up, its painstakingly slow at best rendering it nearly useless. You would think with Garmin's backing that they'd have the resources to get this fixed, because when its working its really a great site.

I got a track uploaded last night...it worked for me, even though it was a bit slow.

I don't pay for the service, though, so I'm not too sure.

I won't be paying anytime soon because I'm waiting to see what happens with the garmin connect rollout. I expect they've been putting so much of their resources into GC that they haven't even thought about upgrading motionbased in the meantime.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    From the one example I've seen of someone's GC activity, it is a mess.

trener1--prolly difficult--I mean even this site needs something better than what it runs off of now. Waitin on pages to load here and occasionally on MB is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    I got a track uploaded last night...it worked for me, even though it was a bit slow.

I don't pay for the service, though, so I'm not too sure.

I won't be paying anytime soon because I'm waiting to see what happens with the garmin connect rollout. I expect they've been putting so much of their resources into GC that they haven't even thought about upgrading motionbased in the meantime.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I think that the only difficulty involved is cost.
    This is free so we can't complain, however I think that Garmin has the $$ to make it work right.

Slowest Rider

MB is waaaaaay to slow

I pay for Motion Based, and like it quite a bit. Just wish it was faster - it's always slow. I have to click an button and do something else for a while while waiting for a page to load. It's better late at night when nobody else is on the system, almost immediate. However, this last weekend it was completely jammed to not even responding, effectively looking like it was down.

I tend to agree with NateHawk that Garmin is likely putting all their resources, hardware, technical development, software, ... into getting the new Garmin Connect up and running. However, they've had serious development issues, causing it's introduction pushed back by months, as Motion Based continues to degrade in the face of the delayed swap over.

BTW, I also agree MTBR is too slow. But consistently so. I can just open a few windows at a time and read one while another is loading. I've heard what slows down MTBR loading is the advertisement links.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    I tend to agree with NateHawk that Garmin is likely putting all their resources, hardware, technical development, software, ... into getting the new Garmin Connect up and running.
    I agree this is probably the problem now, but this has been an issue for MotionBased for years, even before the Garmin buyout.

For me Garmin Connect may be too little too late.