mtbr member

Most accurate, simple cyclometer.

Hey Guys, I just sold my Piranha and I realized that I sold my Trek incite 8i with it... Oh well.

So do you have any recommendations for a simple cyclometer? I really just Current speed, Trip meter, and time. It MUST be wireless. I was kinda skeptical on how accurate my Incite was, so I'd like to hear your opinions.
    Adam Ann Arbor, MI

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Accuracy is more dependant on your accurately setting the callibration than on the computer itself. The internal quartz crystal clock is likely better than 0.01%. If you get the callibration setting equal to or better than that you can begin worrying about the computer accuracy.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Topeak 150...of the 3 computers I have run (same calibration setting on all 3), it matches up with my gps readings the most accurately.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    cateye enduro 8

mtbr member
    I ended up taking a trip over to REI and picking up the Planet Bike Protege 9.0 Wireless. It has all the basic functions and temperature for under $40. Not sure how accurate the temperature will be out in the sun. My Main reason for picking this one was how it displayed all the data I need on one screen. It seems kind of cheap though, and I'm not sure I like the wheel sensor. I may take it back If I can find one that has a similar display.

http://www.rei.com/product/786491

Last edited by ADDam; 03-13-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Adam Ann Arbor, MI

mtbr member
    More Pictures:

Adam Ann Arbor, MI