mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Did you read DC Rainmaker's review? He's used one extensively. Mio Alpha Optical Heart Rate Monitor In-Depth Review (Bluetooth Smart/ANT+) | DC Rainmaker

It looks pretty cool, and I think I'd prefer the wrist sensor over a chest strap sensor. But for me, that's not worth $200.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

Still Made in China...

Works great....until the battery gets low. Then, it becomes unreliable. Those things suck battery life, like no other. Keep lots of new batteries, in stock. Don't use any other brand battery than Swiss-Made Varta....they last the longest.

No, they are not worth $200 bones...This Dick Tracy watch is what the future is:
    Kreyos
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Works great....until the battery gets low. Then, it becomes unreliable. Those things suck battery life, like no other. Keep lots of new batteries, in stock. Don't use any other brand battery than Swiss-Made Varta....they last the longest.

No, they are not worth $200 bones...This Dick Tracy watch is what the future is:
    Kreyos
    Huh? it has a rechargeable battery. it is a HRM strap with a display showing your current HR and a couple other things, nothing more, nothing less. It uses optical sensors to detect HR, and mostly appears to work very well doing that job, with some exceptions (hospitals use optical sensors for that, too). No HRM on the market is perfect, so there you have it.

I have no idea what this has to do with multifunction watch displays that don't show HR at all.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Huh? it has a rechargeable battery. it is a HRM strap with a display showing your current HR and a couple other things, nothing more, nothing less. It uses optical sensors to detect HR, and mostly appears to work very well doing that job, with some exceptions (hospitals use optical sensors for that, too). No HRM on the market is perfect, so there you have it.

I have no idea what this has to do with multifunction watch displays that don't show HR at all.
    Sorry, wrong MIO product....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"