mtbr member

Micro or Enduro for off road?

I run a Micro Wireless on my road bike, it seems to be durable. I'm thinking of buying another one for my SS. I like the clean look with no wire, but I would sacrifice that if the mount is a
    POS for off road use. I'm going to stem mount it on Aluminum HT SS with a rigid CroMo
    fork so the mount has to be good. I've read about Strada's getting lost off road. I really don't
    know anything about the Enduro, but if it is better for off road I'll deal with the wire. Any
    recommendations will be helpful

saddlemeat
    I used an enduro for many years until eventually the wire seperated from the housing. Replaced it with a wireless Strada, the part of the computer that clicks it into the mount broke off (mount was fine) in a few rides. I'm now using a planet bike model that has a burly wire and mount and the way the wire enters the mount looks less likely to fail.

Mountain bike computers are consumables IMO, I get the best one my LBS has in the $20 or less price range these days and put the bling on the roadie. Snug the mounting screw just enough to hold it in place but still let it rotate out of the way if it needs to
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    I have had a micro on my mountain bike, full suspension, bar mount for a couple years till it started turning off by itself, sent it back and cateye sent me a new one. I wrapped a piece of tube around the bar before mounting it to keep it from slipping.