Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Magellan Explorist 110 help needed.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Aushiker 
#1 ·
Anyone have this gps? If so can anyone tell me how to set it to be able to view local trails and parks? I read about a transparent compass that does this??

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
I don't have one but from what I have read it does not sound to promising ...

The eXplorist 110 is pre-loaded with the World Edition map, which includes a complete road network in the Australia, United States, Canada and Western Europe and major roads throughout the rest of the world. This unique map also includes water features, urban and rural land use, and city centres.

With the 110 you can overlay a series of different transparent compass styles on top of the pre-loaded World Map that shows roads, water features, parks, and city centres. The dashboard screen has a mini-compass for quick reference and customisable navigation data fields, such as latitude, longitude, heading, bearing, distance to end, trip odometer, and much more. View your active track, which is a series of digital breadcrumbs that records all your movements. Mark your starting point (car, campsite, parking lot) with a waypoint and easily navigate back at the end of the day.
The transparent compass may go to that detail, maybe not, but base map only does not sound promising.

Good luck.

Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.