Thread: Mac Software

mtbr member

Mac Software

Hi all,
    I'm about to pick up either a 305 or a 705. I'm running a Mac--from what I can tell, my options are either to use Ascent or Training Center. However, is there any other alternative that would be more focused on HR functions, or is Training Center adequate?

Thanks!

Drunken fool
    What more functions are you looking for? I have the 305 and run the Garmin Training Center on my iBook G4. It shows max, min, average, graphs over time, graphs showing HR and speed etc. It shows everything I need, and just can't figure out what more you might want out of it?
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

bike fanatic
    Try this link about running GPS Garmin on Mac

http://www.bicycle-touring-guide.com/gps.html

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Trailrunner with LoadMyTracks to load the data from my Garmin GPS works a treat for me. It's been very reliable, and lets you keep a diary of previous workouts including full route details, heart rate info, etc. I particularly enjoy having the aerial photos overlaid with the route I took. This is a fantastic program -- and it's all free!

- Erik.

Mark
    Dec 2007
    I settled on Ascent, although I still have to use GTC to do downloads as the sync function refues to do so...
    ===============

Mark