mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Luddite has simple gps question

After 20 years of riding without a computer I am now furiously recording every ride and crunching #'s into the wee hours of the night.

I started with Mapmyride and now I'm thinking about switching to Strava. Can I import my mapmyride rides into Strava? If so, how? Many thanks in advance.

you keep backups of your stuff on your home computer, right? it's a matter of re-uploading. if you don't have that stuff on your computer, you have to download from MMR to upload back to Strava.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Should be able to do as mentioned above. I mainly use Garmin Connect with my Garmin GPS (also a new bike computer user) and then if there is something I want to look at in one of those other site, I export the GPX file for the ride then import it into the other site. I like using GC to deal with the GPS, because I tend to keep older ride files on it and in GC, you have the option of importing only "new" ride files while it seems MMR, Strava and Endomondo only import "all" ride files.

So if you have all the ride files on the GPS, just upload all of them into one of those sites, assuming they support your unit. If not, then try all the MMR export options and see which give you the best result on importing into Strava. Some formats may do better than others.

dblblack
    Apr 2012
    One tool that i have found useful for exporting/importing GPS data is the Babel tool from gpsbabel.org. It will take almost any GPS data file format that is out there and convert it to a format of your selection. the download was easy and no charge. The version that I downloaded just runs as a local "exe" on your computer.