mtbr member
    Sep 2008

looking for a watch.

i hope this is the right section for this question. if its not please let me know where and i'll post my questions there. anyways, i am looking to get myself a watch. i want a outdoors type watch that isn't too big but has good features. I saw the Casio G-Shock Riseman and the Timex Expedition WS4 in a magazine and really like those two but the Timex seems huge and bulky. but i really would want my watch to have a compass and to be water resistant. is the g-shock good, and does it have a compass? or any suggestions for other watches?? forgot to mention my budget for a watch is around $200.

thanks,
    Dan

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    anyone? if i'm in the wrong section let me know.

mtbr member
    May 2004

My watch

is a simple Swiss military with luminated hands. It has a second hand too and a date window but i don't use that much. If I want more features I will use my Garmin GPS.

Powdered Toast Man
    I have the Timex Expedition with compass and I really like this watch...not as bulky as you may think. The Casio G Shock has an electronic compass but to be honest I prefer analog style watches over digital and the G Shock has a digital compass....batteries go dead on you..no more compass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    where did you get your expedition? i wanted to be able to try one on before buying it