Re-friggin'-Lax!!!

Looking for Lake Charts (software/downloads) for a Garmin Etrex Venture HC.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I am looking information on any sort of source for GOOD lake charts for my Venture HC? I know of the Garmin Continental Inland Lakes/Rivers CD. However in some instances it is not very accurate as far as correct depths and roads/trails being in 30 feet of water.
    I know the Venture isn't the end all, but it's what I have. And if the Garmin Disk is my option so be it, just curious if there are other options.

Thanks!
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

you can make your own maps. gpsfiledepot.com covers how to do it pretty thoroughly for land topo maps. The process will be the same for water data, though the data sources may be different.

But for pre-made stuff, the Garmin inland lakes maps might well be your best option. I believe some areas might have existing coverage on gpsfiledepot, but I don't believe it's extensive coverage for all states.

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
    You made my day! Thanks!
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

Quote Originally Posted by WEBERTIME
    You made my day! Thanks!
    wait until you read up on the process before you get too excited. If your state lacks coverage and you decide to make some, you'll have a steep learning curve unless you are already very familiar with geographic information systems.