mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Looking for Basic HRM / iPhone advice

I have basic needs from my bike computer...currently I use my iPhone and the Cyclemeter app. I need the standard speed, time, and mapping features - the iPhone does this well. I don't want or need an app that requires me to sign up at some website to analyze and/or broadcast my ride data.

Now I am looking for a HRM, ideally I would like to continue to use my iPhone for this. Cyclemeter has the ability to use a HRM, but it looks like I need the Wahoo Fitness products which get mediocre reviews. Additionally I'd need an ANT+ key for the Cyclemeter's HRM to work (I have an iPhone 4).

All this said is there anyone out their using their iPhone as a bike computer and with a regular bluetooth HRM that has the features I noted above? If so I'd love to know what your using, because my research has hit a dead end...either it needs ANT+, some site to login and register first, or it only works on Android (bluetooth HRM).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yes but you need to be jailbroken. I would post the link but I have under 10 posts. Google roqy-bluetooth. I have not used it as I just now found it in a search, but I do plan on finding a BT HRM sensor now

edit: because of you I just bought an OBD bluetooth scanner for my iphone
    Last edited by Mds2004; 02-02-2012 at 09:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mds2004 View Post
    Yes but you need to be jailbroken. I would post the link but I have under 10 posts. Google roqy-bluetooth. I have not used it as I just now found it in a search, but I do plan on finding a BT HRM sensor now

edit: because of you I just bought an OBD bluetooth scanner for my iphone
    Thanks...their site has very little info...I assume the app is in cydia? Also looks like I would have to revert to iOS4 since I have an iPhone4??

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
    Thanks...their site has very little info...I assume the app is in cydia? Also looks like I would have to revert to iOS4 since I have an iPhone4??
    I believe you can use iOS 5. You do download it from cydia and sInce you have ios4/5 you will download Roqybt4 which is about $6 for the license. You also need to download the free add on in cydia called Roqysport to work with the hrm. You can also download roqyobd add on for a bt obdII scanner for your vehicle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'd also like to clarify that although my post count is low I am not affiliated with them and have not tried it out yet. I just liked the idea on your post and did some research on it.