gran jefe
    Nov 2011

Loading Detailed Maps on My GPS

I have a Garmin eTrex Summit HC. At some point a few years back I figured out how to put detailed maps of a place I was visiting onto the device. I would like to take those maps off, and put some other ones on.

I can't remember how to do it, and the Garmin site isn't simple enough for me to figure out. I can connect wth Garmin connect and it says something about having Topo 2008 bundle.

I remember from last time that the device doesn't have enough memory to store all of the detailed maps, so I had to pick and choose, if that means anything to anyone.

If anyone can please help me understand how to do this, I would appreciate it.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Figured it out on my own. I actually had to find an old dvd and install a program on my computer, rather than just going to a website. Crazy, right? Sorry to have troubled you all.

no worries. on some things, I like to keep my mouth shut for a little while and see if you guys can work it out for yourselves. seems that worked great in your case.

GPSFileDepot - Free Custom Garmin Maps, Ximage hosting, tutorials, articles and more for your GPSr has some nice tutorials (and free topo maps).

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Thanks Nate!