mtbr member
    Nov 2009

loading courses onto edge 800

just like the title says i am over an hour into trying to do something that i would think should be super basic but i can't get it. my buddy did a ride on mapmyrun and i export it as a gpx file to my new files folder and it doesn't come up. i have tried both on the sd card and on the actual edge and neither work. i am obviously doing something wrong and need some help with how to get this done.

thanks,
    adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i am in the 2+ hour range now for fiddling with this dumb thing. i have found one thing out. for some reason if i disconnect it then reconnect it usb style the run still shows up in the new file folder but when i turn it on then check it dissappears. i heard that garmin converts the files when you start it up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    finally got it to show up on my garmin but now it is as if the file gets lost and just takes a right 300 miles straight to the ocean. should i redo the map my run part of it maybe i did something wrong with that.

mtbr dismember
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    ... if i disconnect it then reconnect it usb style the run still shows up in the new file folder but when i turn it on then check it dissappears. i heard that garmin converts the files when you start it up.
    Supposed to work like that. Once you turn it on it converts the GPX file to the new format. With unit on select a course and it will be there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2