Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Make sure the phone app is updated to version 2.1.48.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have the latest one.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Lezyne Support will be available in a couple hours: "For USA customer service calls, please dial 805.548.8780, option 1"

They are not very good about email responses, but they've always helped immediately when I've called.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thank you. I talked to them. Super helpful customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Can somebody with a 2017 Super GPS do this test and report back results, please?

1. Turn ON the unit. It should have been sitting for 4+ hours and NOT charging. Take note of the altitude that the device displays.

2. Turn OFF the unit and immediately turn it back ON again. Take note of the altitude, especially in the first seconds right after turning it back on.

Are you seeing something like this? (link is safe)

https://youtu.be/yWjVpC0ir7U

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes. It's random on mine. Some days the Elevation works great; some other days, it is just like the video.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thank you. Based on my dealings with the Warranty group, it seems to be a known bug as they have not suggested a replacement.

I believe the cause is when there is a GPS signal upon initial startup ("warm" start). This would be when the unit is charging, or it was recently turned on. If it's been sitting off a few hours, the bug does not seem to happen (that would be a "cold" start).

Luckily Training Peaks and Strava both have an Elevation Correction function, but seeing any meaningful Ascent data while riding is not possible.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I contacted the warranty group about it as well. Mine it's random.

I am having bigger issues with the android app. no notifications or auto sync. Crashing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty39 View Post
    Thank you. Based on my dealings with the Warranty group, it seems to be a known bug as they have not suggested a replacement.

I believe the cause is when there is a GPS signal upon initial startup ("warm" start). This would be when the unit is charging, or it was recently turned on. If it's been sitting off a few hours, the bug does not seem to happen (that would be a "cold" start).

Luckily Training Peaks and Strava both have an Elevation Correction function, but seeing any meaningful Ascent data while riding is not possible.

Moderator Moderator
    Apr 2011
    I've had a super GPS for over a year now.

I've not noticed any "drift" or elevation issues, but I dont pay that much attention to the data.

I had the problem with the snap buttons pulling off the HR sensor. The replacement worked fine for a couple months, then just up and died. I've since replaced it with a wahoo unit.

As far as the unit goes, I can't take the ergonomics. The buttons are too stiff. Stiff enough that you need to pinch by putting your thumb on the other side of the unit from the button you're trying to press. Seems unnecessarily awkward. The charging port on the circuit board does not line up nicely with the hole in the case. Makes it difficult to put on the charger.

Also, the screen is much smaller than it looks on the advertising brochures. Anything more than 2 data fields on the screen and I cant really read them as the text gets too small. I may go with the Wahoo next time as it looks like it has a larger display.

I do like the live tracking....or I should say my wife likes it, since I ride solo a lot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfjd12 View Post
    I contacted the warranty group about it as well. Mine it's random.

I am having bigger issues with the android app. no notifications or auto sync. Crashing, etc.
    The android app issues are fixed with the beta android app. The elevation bug re starting the unit is still there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Considering either the Lezyne Super or Macro GPS and I had two questions. Does anyone know if the auto pause feature can be tied to a speed sensor (assuming one is present)? I understand that auto pause can cause the GPS to stop recording under heavy tree cover, however, if the auto stop can be linked to a sensor, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Does the unit keep track of total ride time (accumulation of all rides)? I find this information useful for maintenance intervals. I've read through the manual but didn't find any details regarding these topics.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    The auto pause works by stopping the GPS tracking and recording of data points when you are not moving. That way you don't use up memory and battery life recording the same location over and over again.

The speed sensor works regardless of the GPS. It works if you are inside on rollers. Using a speed sensor the unit shows speed and distance while the GPS doesn't register any motion. If you have a cadence sensor you can see how your speed tracks with your cadence on rollers on the graphs.

The unit keeps track of total time, distance, calories and elevation (for what its worth) by lifetime, year, month and week. You can also export the data to training peaks and strava and use their logging functions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    The auto pause works by stopping the GPS tracking and recording of data points when you are not moving. That way you don't use up memory and battery life recording the same location over and over again.

The speed sensor works regardless of the GPS. It works if you are inside on rollers. Using a speed sensor the unit shows speed and distance while the GPS doesn't register any motion. If you have a cadence sensor you can see how your speed tracks with your cadence on rollers on the graphs.

The unit keeps track of total time, distance, calories and elevation (for what its worth) by lifetime, year, month and week. You can also export the data to training peaks and strava and use their logging functions.
    Thanks for that info. Can you elaborate on the auto pause though? I've read reviews on many of the various devices/manufacturers and most people say they turn off the auto pause feature because it doesn't work well....that the units go to sleep under dense coverage or they don't wake up out of sleep reliably. I'm not terribly concerned with this from a GPS standpoint (as I believe I could go back and fill in any gaps with software later), but am hoping a speed sensor would at least wake up the unit enough to start up any distance/ride time data collection (even if the GPS was "asleep").

My cheapo Sigma bike computer with wheel magnet keeps distance/ride time/speed data no problem with start/stops. Just want to make sure these GPS units can at least do that just as well (with a speed sensor).

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I have been using Garmin speed sensor with my Enhanced Super GPS since I bought it and have never had an issue with the unit going to sleep during a ride. I have Garmin speed, cadence and heart rate sensors. They synced when I first set up my unit have remained synced for over 1000 miles at this point.

The unit displays that it is recording speed from the speed sensor, not the GPS. There is an icon for each sensor that it is synced to displayed.

I did turn off the adaptive GPS sensing. Using the one second recording gives you a more accurate trace of your route when you go around curves.

I have not had the issue that you are describing. My unit has always recorded rides from the point I started recording to the point I pressed stop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I haven't had any issues with my unit recording rides either.
    I was having issues with the android app but lezyne through the beta versions has addressed the problems.

Happy with my super enhanced gps unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12