mtbr dismember

Let's see your GPS screen

After more than two years I finally settled on what information is most important to display on my GPS main screen. Buying a HR monitor was an afterthought, but it has proven to be incredibly valuable. I just replaced my old HR strap with the Garmin Premium Heart Rate Strap and it is much improved.

Time and distance are important, but when I'm at altitude that is really important. And for rides like today, when it hit 102, that information is really important. Based on the temperature I decided it was not a good idea to attempt 50 miles. Note I'm so slow I don't even display speed.

The Edge 800 has a nice screen capture feature. I'd be curious to know what others consider most important to display. If you don't have a screen capture or photo you can just list them.

mtbr member
    Since you didn't specifiy if phones are not allowed, here is my screen. I use the integrated GPS in my Iphone and MotionX-GPS app to track my bike rides. I currently have my display set to Landscape mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your GPS screen-1.jpg  

Let's see your GPS screen-2a.jpg  

Last edited by slumpey; 07-03-2012 at 06:32 AM.

let's see if I can remember.

I show elapsed time, time of day, speed, avg speed, max speed, distance, elevation. I think that's it. I don't care much about the speed metrics, to be honest. Time, time of day, distance, and elevation are most important. I'm still playing with the data fields, though.

mtbr member
    I keep things basic when showing the map, I also have Speed, Cadence, Trip Odo and Time of Day.

When showing the trip computer, I have Time, Date, Speed, Cadence, Moving Avg. Speed, Trip Odo, Moving Time and Time of Day.