Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122

    Iphone 3gs to Iphone 4 (not s)

    thinking on getting an Iphone 4 to replace my 3gs, don't really care about anything but battery life when using GPS and the Ipod or Pandora apps at work. has anyone made the jump and actually noticed an increase in battery?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10
    If you have been syncing all your apps with iTunes, then all your apps should be in your iTunes, so when you sync in your new phone, you should be able to put all your apps into your new phone.

  3. #3
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by megancheung View Post
    If you have been syncing all your apps with iTunes, then all your apps should be in your iTunes, so when you sync in your new phone, you should be able to put all your apps into your new phone.
    Ya. I know that. Was just wobserving about the battery
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    I'm curious to know too. I'm getting a 4S soon (work upgrade). I'm also keen to see how much better the GPS is.

  5. #5
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    I'm curious to know too. I'm getting a 4S soon (work upgrade). I'm also keen to see how much better the GPS is.
    well I'll be playing with it the next few weeks... I just did the jump as I can sell my old 3GS for twice what I'm paying for the Refurb-ed 4. Upgrade AND make a buck. be lucking if I actually brake even after case(s) ATT's friggin upgrade charge.. bla bla bla... Plus I get to keep my old unlimited data service as I'm grandfathered in with ATT

    I will say what little I've played (just got it yesterday) the GPS seems a LOT stronger and the Battery seems only lightly better... probably going to try for a ride today and really test it.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122
    well, I just did a basic whip around my local stomping grounds. Normally I ride for just an hour or so there as it's pretty small but it's less than a mile away so it's easy access for me,... anyway.

    Iphone 3GS would be in the mid 70% battery after an hour
    Iphone 4 ........ 93%... NICE!!
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    As long as you kill all your apps besides the ones your using battery life should be pretty good. As long as you close out or kill your safari or facebook or whatever other apps, you'll be pretty surprised with the increased battery life.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMemento View Post
    As long as you kill all your apps besides the ones your using battery life should be pretty good. As long as you close out or kill your safari or facebook or whatever other apps, you'll be pretty surprised with the increased battery life.
    Doesn't make any difference. iOS multitasking is entirely controlled by the OS. The switcher is just a switcher between recently used apps. If an app is not specifically designed to run in the background, it will suspend all operations when not in the foreground.

  9. #9
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    Doesn't make any difference. iOS multitasking is entirely controlled by the OS. The switcher is just a switcher between recently used apps. If an app is not specifically designed to run in the background, it will suspend all operations when not in the foreground.
    yes and no... with GPS programs spare ram space saves Battery,, downloading maps take battery life but so does Ram-Disc swapping if you use something like the Istat App you'll see that past running apps are still taking up ram space, quit them all and you end up with a mess of open space, saving battery when the GPS is downloading maps, rapid saving GPS data.. bla bla bla..
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    671
    If you JB your phone you can turn off wifi, data & BT to help save battery life.

  11. #11
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    If you JB your phone you can turn off wifi, data & BT to help save battery life.
    don't need to jail brake it,.. just flip the off switches for each.... though you'll want data to draw maps unless you are smart (like me ) and download the maps in the app for the area you are riding.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •