how heavy are you ??

I have been looking

For a cyclometer and a HRM combination for some time. I have owned a Garmin 305 (the screen went dead). A Sigma that could not tell me a correct altitude. And a Cateye that hard time staying synced to the speed sensor.
    I am looking for a unit that is reliable for at least two seasons.... any ideas??
    Growing hopeless.........
    Scott
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fix the 305

75 dollars for a repaired unit from garmin, and I guess there is a guy on ebay that repairs them as well you could look into that. I actually got like 4 seasons out mine before getting it repaired recently.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

how heavy are you ??
    I need nothing fixed. A new reliable one shall do
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150 View Post
    I need nothing fixed. A new reliable one shall do
    You're not going to find anything else on the market that is somehow significantly more "reliable" than the stuff you've already tried.

Every company puts out the occasional lemon and sometimes...just sometimes...problems are user-caused, and have nothing to do with the reliability of the product.

You're welcome to try a Suunto, but you'll pay for that choice. You're also welcome to try a Timex, but they don't have a spotless track record, either. Nor does Polar.

I agree that it's less expensive for you to just get your Edge 305 fixed by the Ebay dude or replaced with a refurb via Garmin. I bought a component level repair for a whole laptop computer from a dude on ebay awhile back and am more than happy with the service, and I had to ship my computer to New York for that.