mtbr member
    Nov 2013

HTC One Bike Mount

Hopefully I'm in the right forum as this is to be GPS related....

I started a thread for a Bike and Hike GPS with heart rate monitoring, thanks for the replies but none of the devices recommended would do what I desired. I contacted Garmin and discussed with a rep my needs and she said it is not all available in a single package. I did fill out a questionnaire for my needs. For that request the Heart Rate was the deal breaker, not being on the hiking friendly GPSs.

So... my employer has a new phone on the way and my cousin said it will be better than my lovely palm pre 2. I'll be running the MapMyRide app and probably play with the live tracking from time to time.

I'd like to be able to mount this on the stem, but most mounts seem big bulky and ugly. The Water Resistant ones seem to require the protective case or extended battery to be removed.

Any product recommendations to mount an HTC One to the stem?
    I brew the best beer around, don't believe me? Ship me a keg of your finest and I'll email a picture of me drinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Czar View Post
    Hopefully I'm in the right forum as this is to be GPS related....

I started a thread for a Bike and Hike GPS with heart rate monitoring, thanks for the replies but none of the devices recommended would do what I desired. I contacted Garmin and discussed with a rep my needs and she said it is not all available in a single package. I did fill out a questionnaire for my needs. For that request the Heart Rate was the deal breaker, not being on the hiking friendly GPSs.

So... my employer has a new phone on the way and my cousin said it will be better than my lovely palm pre 2. I'll be running the MapMyRide app and probably play with the live tracking from time to time.

I'd like to be able to mount this on the stem, but most mounts seem big bulky and ugly. The Water Resistant ones seem to require the protective case or extended battery to be removed.

Any product recommendations to mount an HTC One to the stem?

What specific aspect of heart rate do you want? A few of the handhelds will pick up a HRM. They don't do as much with it as a fitness model, though. Pretty much all they do is display your current HR. No zones, none of that. But they will record HRM data into the .gpx file.

Asking about accessories for specific phone models is tough, because you're relying on someone who also uses the phone AND uses it for the same things you do AND posts about it here. If you're posting the same question, say, in a forum dedicated to the phone in question, you should cover your bases well enough.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Nate, I only point out the type just in case someone has located a perfect match for the model phone I will be obtaining. So many mount talk about iPhone but leave other vendors out for similarly sized devices.

My interest is in HRM for fitness. I plan to obtain a Garmin 500-800 series GPS later. I can use its wonderful battery system to record long treks and HRM data. With the new phone it can cover the rest of my bases.

We have some pretty neat hiking areas that really pack a toll on me. Others are simply long treks and not as much of a work out.
    I brew the best beer around, don't believe me? Ship me a keg of your finest and I'll email a picture of me drinking it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Try the Delta Cycle Smartphone Caddy.

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Czar View Post
    Nate, I only point out the type just in case someone has located a perfect match for the model phone I will be obtaining. So many mount talk about iPhone but leave other vendors out for similarly sized devices.

My interest is in HRM for fitness. I plan to obtain a Garmin 500-800 series GPS later. I can use its wonderful battery system to record long treks and HRM data. With the new phone it can cover the rest of my bases.

We have some pretty neat hiking areas that really pack a toll on me. Others are simply long treks and not as much of a work out.
    I've looked at this and actually have a an HTC One. Unfortunately, HRMs operate via bluetooth and then you need the device to connect with the phone and the right app to translate the data. What I'm getting at is there's too many steps for this and the interface for the One is just not there. If you want to monitor your workout with a HRM you can find inexpensive solutions for this. If you want to store and record HRM data, then a dedicated device will be required.

I personally use a Garmin Forerunner 310XT for tracking elevation, distance, calorie output, courses, and HRM using Garmin Connect and I like it alot. I also run, which is why I wanted a watch model.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLakesWaterman View Post
    Try the Delta Cycle Smartphone Caddy.
    A couple questions on this.

1. Is there any sort of water/dirt protection?
    2. Is the headphone jack still accessible on the HTC One?
    2013 Trek Superfly AL - 0km riden

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have this
    ARKON Vehicle Mount for Bike, Smartphone - Rakuten.com Shopping

I can access the headphone jack if I leave it unzipped partially at the top. as it has two zippers on it.

I use two IpBike to track my ride it had BLE compatibility so my Smart Bluetooth strap I wear records my hear rate. it also uploads to Strava and many other Apps.

here is my BLE monitor Amazon.com: Zephyr HxM Smart Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd Gen) & iPhone 5 with Bluetooth Low-Energy (4.0): Health & Personal Care

its cheaper than its Bluetooth 2.0 version by $30 my phone is running KitKat and is BLE compatible.

-=Jason=-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One Bike Mount-mg_0573.jpg  

HTC One Bike Mount-mg_0572.jpg