mtbr member
    Jun 2009

how to fine tune a cateye

Hey all,
    I just got a Cateye Micro Wireless. I have it installed how I think it should go. The instructions are useless though. I don't think it is accurate though. I think it is reading fast how do I fix it? I have it just about all the way to the outside of the wheel, it reads just fast. I do have it set for my size wheel.
    1993 Nishiki Manitoba
    2009 Specialized Hardrock Sport in satin bronze
    2009 DiamondBack Lux the wifes

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Skip this I think it may be fairly close. I got my GPS out from my car, why I did not think of it before I don't know and it looks speed wise to be close. If speed is on Miles must be on also.
    1993 Nishiki Manitoba

mtbr member
    Any tips on setting it up? I ordered one today and looked at the very cryptic directions on the cateye website. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    ya the directions sucked. Put the spoke thing on first. I put mine directly across from the air valve to help balance the wheel. I put it very close to the rim (the outside of the wheel) Once I had that set I then set the part that goes on the fork. You want it tight enough that you can move it if needed, but will stay so you can test ride up your street. Then set the size of your tire and mount your display. Test it out. I had no Idea I was going "so fast" Ya it is not fast, but 12 mph is easier than I thought, I pulled the gps out of my car and held it in my hand and rode around. I used the speed to see how fast I was riding on the gps and compared it to the new bike computer. It was very close, so if the speed was correct the miles must be, as if it knows how fast I am going accurately then it must know how far I went. Once you have it all set, pull the zip ties or how ever you are mounting it and set it.

Brad
    1993 Nishiki Manitoba