Smash Mode: ON

How to compare lap times with etrex 30?

So I go for a ride with my etrex 30 and have two laps I'd like to compare along with some other tomfoolery in the form of one gpx file. What is the easiest way to compare these laps? I see there is a spot for it on connect but it seems my device doesn't have autolap so it shows the entire track as a single lap. Can you put these lap points in manually? Is there a way or a reason to remove the points where we were stopped or fooling around off the course? Is there a way I can keep a lap on my gps to compare myself against as I ride?
    Whatever floats your bike, dude

Smash Mode: ON
    n e body???
    Whatever floats your bike, dude

for an etrex, you could try setting your odometer dashboard to the fitness setting and manually pressing the lap button. auto lap is a Forerunner/Edge feature, though.

I can't think of anything offhand, but you might be able to find some software that can process segments manually (say, setting a lap every x miles, and you can choose the distance of your loop so it corresponds to the length of one lap around the trail) and give you a breakdown of how your times for each segment compare.

the etrex has no way for you to compare your times on the unit.