Trail Tire TV on blogger

Heart rate monitor.. and other Iphone GPS add on's

how many of you use a heart rate monitor and/or a cadence monitor with the Iphone and one of the GPS apps? Is it me or do the all seem way too pricy? I guess if you are all into racing and the whole fitness thing I can see it... I haven't done all THAT much searching but everything I get seems way to much for my intended use.

I kinda wanted to check out my heart rate just for S(-)its and giggles but can't justify $50+ for just the monitor. Then it seems like many have issues with connections, software compatibility, and even the receiver on the phone not being able to plug in with a case on the phone...

Anyone have a decent setup that isn't big $$$ and works with aftermarket GPS/fitness software?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Subscribed, I too am interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sucks)

Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    how many of you use a heart rate monitor and/or a cadence monitor with the Iphone and one of the GPS apps? Is it me or do the all seem way too pricy? I guess if you are all into racing and the whole fitness thing I can see it... I haven't done all THAT much searching but everything I get seems way to much for my intended use.

I kinda wanted to check out my heart rate just for S(-)its and giggles but can't justify $50+ for just the monitor. Then it seems like many have issues with connections, software compatibility, and even the receiver on the phone not being able to plug in with a case on the phone...

Anyone have a decent setup that isn't big $$$ and works with aftermarket GPS/fitness software?
    "too" pricey? getting comparable wireless functionality out of other devices that record such data for later analysis has a comparable price premium. apparently, that's what such tech costs in order for the manufacturers to turn a profit.