mtbr dismember

GPSBabel with Garmin Edge 705

I'm slowly getting the hang of my new Garmin Edge 705. I have GPSBabel and I want to use it to convert the Garmin "tcx" files to gpx. I do not see a tcx input format. What input file format do I choose? And I assume I choose GPS XML as the output format? So far I've been converting online with GPS Visualizer, which seems to be working.

Also, I have not been able to get GPSBabel to recognize my USB connection, even after several computer/unit restarts. Anybody have this problem, and could you fix it? Thanks.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    the 705 doesn't come up as a usb-garmin that gpsbabel understands, however it does come up as a removable drive so you can just use input "from a file" and point it at the tcx you're into.

but

I haven't seen them add tcx support (yet), maybe in beta, dunno, haven't looked recently.

topofusion however understands tcx, and maybe the free trial version can be used to convert the files (it can save-as gpx from a tcx no problemo). I have the paid-for version so I don't know if that support is limited access.

mtbr dismember

Thanks!

So far I've been converting on-line with GPS Visualizer, which seems to be working. Also, anything I upload to MotionBased will be converted to gpx anyway. I was just playing around making some short routes around the neighborhood, which I didn't want o upload to MB.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    What name are your rides listed under on MB? I like to look at tracks on google earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    So far I've been converting on-line with GPS Visualizer, which seems to be working. Also, anything I upload to MotionBased will be converted to gpx anyway. I was just playing around making some short routes around the neighborhood, which I didn't want o upload to MB.

mtbr dismember

wherewolf

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    What name are your rides listed under on MB? I like to look at tracks on google earth.
    wherewolf
    But MotionBased really sucks lately. A search of both my name and the place from yesterday's ride do not show! But I posted links to it in my Passion post. I've also started a GPS page on my site which gives the MB and mtbguru tracks.

I love GE. On the options put in 3 for the elevation exaggeration and you get some cool stuff. Below is from my first GPS ride.