Trail Tire TV on blogger

GPS PAL App for Iphone/droid

anyone else try the GPS Pal app for Iphone...? It's still a beta but I got to say it's pretty nice. LOVE the interface super simple yet there is everything there for info no Graphs (which I don't care about but I can see why some might want them) and no Export yet to GPX files and such but I'll say what little I've used it, We just did a ride over the last weekend and 3 Iphone and one droid running diff apps plus 3 of us had regular wired Bike computers. GPS Pal was more accurate than Strava, Everytrail and Motion X when compared to the regular bike computer. Milage was spot on, no wicked overages in altitudes or MPH like I've gotten off the others (every one of the others had us at one point or another riding over 30mph or climbing up 100 ft in a 1/4 mile some such crap that never happened )

I've only used it 3 times but I got to say from what I've seen so far .. if they get an Export feature added I'll be using it most...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

you don't think 100ft in 1/4mi is likely? that happens on my local trails all the time.

0.3mi increases by 92ft, and it's not that big of a climb. Strava Segment | Perimeter Trail Climb

how close to each other were the wired bike computers? and how close were the different phone apps to each other?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    computers were all within a few tenths of a mile, we did split up and took diff routes at points but GPS Pal was with in a few tenths of those (it added milage)
    Stava added something like a mile in a 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 mile ride reading well over 8+ miles and had just ridiculous up and down readings as well as unreal speed readings..
    Motion X and Everytrail both read in the high 7 3/4 mile area
    GPS pal read in at just under 7 1/2 miles

Not going to get all technical as there are a LOT of other things that cause mis readings including stuffing the phone down into your pack (the guy running Strava did), putting it in your pocket or and having it out in the open clipped to the strap of my pack like I had my Iphone with GPS Pal running which I'm sure added to the inaccuracies of Strava's readings

I wasn't going to get into specifics as our test was far from the best control standards, I just posted up to get people some info about a new app that looks very promising, has the features that most normal people want and does a decent job collecting the info and displaying it to you. in other words, Go give it a shot! it's free

Being a Super GPS Geek you probably wont like it as it's going to be too general for you... which is why I DO like it, I'm not looking for all the bells and whistles, just want a basic map to tell me where I am, where I've been, and give me ideas on where to go from there. Spit out some basic MPH info and maybe some Alt changes.

Would like the Export feature so when yacking with friends about some feature or trail we can do the "WOw, were is that... ?" "it's right here" ............. "awe man you went the wrong way, you missed the whole......." bla bla ba stuff
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/