mtbr member
    Sep 2011

GPS Garmin Venture HC Mounted On Handlebar

My contribution to MTBR and hopefully someone can benefit from it.

I bought a Garmin Venture HC Bundle from Dick's Sporting Goods a month back. With an idea from a member here, I mounted the Venture using plastic ties, two sided tape, front reflector bracket, and leftover foam lying around the garage.

First, I used the 3M two sided tape under the stem to prevent sliding of the 3 plastic ties from side to side or up to down. The foam was placed on top of the stem to fill space between the stem and the carrying case belt clip. The foam can also add to soften shocks over rough trails. I then secured the belt clip to the stem with 3 plastic ties over the two sided tape.

Second, with the carrying case secured tight over the stem and the garmin inside the case, I used the lanyard to tie it around the the reflector bracket. This would serve as a last line in preventing the Venture HC from total loss.

The mount has successfully endured a downhill ride at Tapia Canyon Road trail. Surface varied from ruts, rocks, washboard, and gravel. Previously, I took a hard spill on an asphalt bike trail trying to avoid a kid walking on the bike lane. The only worry I have is the GPS surviving the shocks of mountain biking.

Sorry about the large pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GPS Garmin Venture HC Mounted On Handlebar-b2554d50.jpg  

GPS Garmin Venture HC Mounted On Handlebar-ab43a069.jpg  

GPS Garmin Venture HC Mounted On Handlebar-076833cd.jpg  

1990 Mongoose IBOC Series Comp - all original
    2010 Cannondale F5

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    +Rep for a great tip. Looks good