Track Junkie

GPS: Garmin Forerunner 201 VS. Foretrex 201

I'm looking to map and track my rides on uncharted/lightly traveled trails. I've narrowed down the choices to the Garmin Forerunner 201 or the Foretrex 201. I've looked on the Garmin web site, as well as MTBR, but couldn't find a good comparison.

I will be using this during mtn biking. It will be in tree cover, as well as probably on a handlebar mount.

Why should I buy one or the other?

Thanks

-Brad

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BRacing
    I'm looking to map and track my rides on uncharted/lightly traveled trails. I've narrowed down the choices to the Garmin Forerunner 201 or the Foretrex 201. I've looked on the Garmin web site, as well as MTBR, but couldn't find a good comparison.

I will be using this during mtn biking. It will be in tree cover, as well as probably on a handlebar mount.

Why should I buy one or the other?

Thanks

-Brad
    Sorry, I won't be able to give you a comparison, but I use a Foretrex 101 on a handlebar mount and it works perfectly. The WAAS is very accurate and tree cover has not been an issue. Uploading the data onto my PC takes about 15 seconds. Very easy to use. Let me know if you have any specific questions.