mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Garmin Training Centre closing down

I'm looking for a solution to annoying problem I'm having with GTC. Connection to my 305 works fine and the downloading of tracks is fine until the very end. I can see that they have downloaded, but then I get the error message 'GTC Application has stopped working' and I need to close the program. When I re-open GTC the last downloaded tracks aren't saved.

I have removed GTC and then reloaded it, but this has not made a difference. Any others had a similar problem and overcome it.

PS I'm running Windows Vista.
    Last edited by dreednya; 05-14-2009 at 10:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yup, I have had the same thing for quite some time and done the same things you have done. To no avail. I just save my files after a few rides so that I don't lose them

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How do you mean - you save your files after a few rides? That is my problem, I can not access the files from the Edge to put on my computer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    When you are in GTC go to 'File' then 'Backup'. It saves your rides to a file in Documents and then when you need to you can look at them later, but it will not save them in GTC with it messed up, but at least yo can pull up the rides when you want to at later dates by going to 'Restore'.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Cheers Kingdomseeder - I'll give it a go. Somewhat confusingly, I've put GTC on a laptop and on that it won't upload the rides either - I'm wondering if it is the unit rather than GTC itself.

I bought the Edge 305 second-hand so maybe it has had a hard life....................

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    No that does not work either - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I might try and borrow someones Edge and see if thta uploads OK, that way I'll know if it is the unit itself.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sorted by hard setting the unit. I borrowed a friends Edge and his worked perfectly, so I knew it was something to do with the unit itself.