mtbr member

Garmin Serial Number

Howdy,
    Two questions:
    1) Just bought an Edge 305 + CAD. Bought the wrong one--wanted the HR function. Is this just a matter of purchasing the additional HR strap, or do I need a different head unit?

2) Is the Edge 305 serialized? If so, does origin of product matter? I purchased the 305CAD at one place, but found another retailer willing to trade me the CAD for the CAD+HR. They want to do an inventory swap--my CAD plus the cost of the HR strap for their CAD+HR. Is this gonna cause anyone problems with support down the road?

Thanks.

1.) Just buy the HR strap. A 305 is a 305 and all the accessories work. I think you just save a few bucks if you buy them bundled instead of separately.

2.) I have no idea.

trail rat
    1 - Same head unit, just different accessories with reception/connectivity enabled/disabled in the menus. I'd just buy the HR strap at this point.

2 - Garmin will not warranty units purchased from online auctions. You just need proof of purchase from a legitimate retail for a warranty claim. Until the unit is registered online at Garmin or a warranty claim is placed, no problem.

FYI, Garmin sends out refurbs as warranty replacements, so those units get recycled. Some have had bad luck and received more than one replacement. Sounds like purchase date on the proof of purchase is all the matters.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Team Cspine
    Check with GeoMan, he has the best prices and service anywhere, I'll vouch for him personally and so will a bunch of other guys on the boards to.

And he normally lurks here to...
    Sorry what?