mtbr member

Garmin Legend USB problems

Howdy All,

I have a Garmin Legend with a serial port and just bought a new Mac that only has USB ports. I have bought two different converters but cannot get the computer to see my GPS. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a way to get around the issue. Thanks.
    It's always downhill....It just depends which direction you're going

one chain loop
    Have you tried GPSBabel+
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    I've tried GPSBabel, and installed parallels. The Mac just doesn't even see the GPS. I'm thinking that the Mac just doesn't like serial/USB converters.

I've also tried yelling at the computer and GPS warning them that I could throw them both out the window if they don't cooperate, but that didn't help either

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Legend Cx for me, new in 1/08. Not on an apple, but still can't get the PC to recognize and download tracks from the GPS. I finally set the GPS to save the tracks to the microcard and have luck in finding the card as a separate drive when connected. I can then upload my track to Motionbased. I'd still like to figure out how to upload from the GPS to my PC for additional tracking.

From what I've read online, it appears that many others have similar issues.

mtbr member
    That's a good idea. I'm thinking that the work around approach is going to be the only approach. I've spent a lot of time trying to connect directly with no luck so using the card would probably save time in the long run, just because it works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    From memory, I think that I turned this option on from the Setup screen. I seem to remember a check box that stated something like "save a duplicate track to card". If not in setup, check the card setup area.

Sorry for being so vague, but I'm at work and the GPS is at home