mtbr member

Garmin GLO GPS Receiver

Anyone have one? Looks appealing to get a strong gps signal for my Droid phone...cuz I like the apps that are available (Strava/MapMyFitness).

Garmin GLO Portable GPS and GLONASS Receiver Brings High-Integrity GPS Capability to Mobile Devices

mtbr member
    I take it no one has one. Can't really find any legit reviews from a mountain biker online either.

But I just might take the plunge anyways!
    Trek Wahoo Gary Fisher Edition 29er (2012)

I think it would help you a lot. You aren't finding many users because Garmin is late to the BT GPS receiver market. That device category has been around a long time. Before BT, they were wired and worked with the old Palm Pilots. There is some discussion in here about a Holux device and another brand.

A lot of people don't realize that such a device exists and IMO is just as important as a good case if you intend to do more than basic urban navigation with your smartphone GPS.

The addition of GLONASS reception is a nice touch. An uncommon feature stateside. Quicker acquisition, more satellites to choose from, and theoretically a more reliable signal. I am waiting for a GPS+GLONASS+Galileo receiver

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

GPS info check also on Sportys website

Sportys is aviation related.
    They have a few good choices as of today.