mtbr member
    Jun 2009

garmin forerunner 201???

do any of you have one of these.. if so what do you think of it for biking purposes? my wife bought me one two years ago.. and i can count on one hand how much i used it for running. i was going though my drawer the other day and found it.. still on its original charge.with 6 hours left..lol any ways.. in looking for reason you use yours and if you find it worth having.
    also is there a way i can d/l maps to this device so i can tell what roads are close etc.? if so please tell me how.. i am the worse when it comes to these fancy gadgets.

ANY HELP OR INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

thanks for reading
    Jeff S.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    also .. again being the computer illiterate that i am. how in the hack to i plug this adapter into my computer? the only place that loos close to it is where my screen plugs in.. why couldn't they just use a usb cord?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone

mtbr member
    If you haven't looked already, start here:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=166&pID=230

You can't add maps, and I'm not sure you can load a previous track to follow. Looks like you can set waypoints though. Your ability to use this as a navigational aid is very limited. However, you should be able to take it with you on a ride, and then upload the track and see on a map where you have been.

The older garmins like this used a serial connection. Newer ones are usb. If all you have are usb you can get a serial to usb adapter at radio shack, etc.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......