Thread: Garmin Fenix

mtbr member

Garmin Fenix

Anybody jumped on this device. I'm intrigued with aio devices. Want to get some real life evaluation.

dc rainmaker posted this up a couple days ago. About as real world as it gets. He's used two of them.

DC Rainmaker: Garmin Fenix In-Depth Review

It doesn't seem to meet the expectations I had when this thing was first announced. Bike use seems to be an afterthought. Running applications are VERY limited. It mostly seems to be a super lightweight hiking GPS. I was hoping it would be able to replace my old Forerunner and take over some hiking and biking duties. It will not be able to replace my Forerunner, even though I have a relatively basic 205 because I actually do use some of the training modes that the Fenix lacks - auto lap by location for track workouts, interval alerts, etc.

mtbr member
    Thanks Nate, after posting this thread I found his review. dcrainmaker is awesome. I was hoping the same as I intend to pickup the forerunner 910xt decided to wait for this holy grail of aio. But it seems to fall short especially on the 3 main sport i will be using it on running mtb and hiking.
    I guess FR910xt will be my next toy.

Garmin fenix review | GPS Tracklog

a new review just got posted this morning.

mtbr member
    That's really cool! Too bad I already own a edge 705 and 800. Be nice to have one for hiking!