mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Garmin Etrex Legend C

Hello,

Ive done a bit of searching but cant really figure this thing out. Is there a way to download some more detailed maps of trails and whatnot? I know there is a topo DVD available from garmin but is there a site that I can download specific trails from other users? I heard of something called M3 but need the specifics. THanks!

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineskiman
    Hello,

Ive done a bit of searching but cant really figure this thing out. Is there a way to download some more detailed maps of trails and whatnot? I know there is a topo DVD available from garmin but is there a site that I can download specific trails from other users? I heard of something called M3 but need the specifics. THanks!
    If you're just looking for trails (GPX files) you want to head to www.motionbased.com and search the "trail network."

If a ride is popular enough, chances are it's there. It can be tricky searching for what you want, though.
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah, I signed up for motionbased but have found it a bit tricky to navagate.