mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Garmin Edge Mount - Big Rubber piece?

What is the rubber piece used for the Garmin edge stem/handlebar mount? Go between the zipties and bottom of your bike stem to prevent rubbing and more secure hold?

Thanks

trail rat
    It is slightly angled, that one? It can be placed either way to change the level the GPS for easier viewing, but not needed. The mount itself has a rubber surface that makes it secure enough. Sometimes I use the wedge, sometimes not, it depends on the stem angle.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    It is slightly angled, that one? It can be placed either way to change the level the GPS for easier viewing, but not needed. The mount itself has a rubber surface that makes it secure enough. Sometimes I use the wedge, sometimes not, it depends on the stem angle.
    I figured that piece out and i used it to angle the garmin up so it clears my stem and offers better viewing angle.

This bigger peice is just a flat rectangular piece of rubber about 1.5"x2" long and 1/8" thick.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoNeTiK
    I figured that piece out and i used it to angle the garmin up so it clears my stem and offers better viewing angle.

This bigger peice is just a flat rectangular piece of rubber about 1.5"x2" long and 1/8" thick.
    Zactly!

The bigger piece is for added dampening or for a shim as you wrap it around your stem or bar...
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com