mtbr member

garmin edge hillwalking use??

I was looking into the edge range probably the 305 for road riding/ mountain biking duties. I also want to use it as a back up when hillwalking just to find out my exact position, can they do this? I'm in the uk and use map grid reference compared to longitude/ latitude?

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by couby
    I was looking into the edge range probably the 305 for road riding/ mountain biking duties. I also want to use it as a back up when hillwalking just to find out my exact position, can they do this? I'm in the uk and use map grid reference compared to longitude/ latitude?
    Yes they can but it requires drilling down into the menu. But's it's easy and can be done quickly.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    cheers!

mtbr member
    I've now bought one and can't find out how to do this...could you tell me how to find my location in grid reference terms?? please.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by couby
    I've now bought one and can't find out how to do this...could you tell me how to find my location in grid reference terms?? please.

Cheers.
    On most Garmins, the satellite screen will give you your coordinates. I don't have the Edge 305 so I don't know the menu sequence you need to use to find it. If the coordinate system it is using by default (most likely a lat/long variation) doesn't appeal to you, you can change it by going into the settings and changing the coordinate system.

which grid reference/coordinate system do you want to use?