The 5th knuckle

Garmin Edge 500 versus Endomondo on Blackberry

Does anyone know the accuracy of the GPS on a Blackberry. The guys I ride with have dingle berries running endomondo and are always 1/2 mile longer than my Garmin 500 on every second recording. Does Endomondo record more often than 1 second?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    Is that before or after they upload to the website?
    2012 Fianceť
    2011 Spc SJ Cmp Crbn 29
    2010 Fantom Cross Outlaw
    2009 Spc RH Exprt Disc 29
    2008 Trek Fuel EX7
    2007 Spc RH

Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Does anyone know the accuracy of the GPS on a Blackberry. The guys I ride with have dingle berries running endomondo and are always 1/2 mile longer than my Garmin 500 on every second recording. Does Endomondo record more often than 1 second?
    cell phone GPS receivers are inherently less accurate. they have smaller antennas, many have lower sampling rates, and they're just a less expensive processor chip than what you find on a dedicated receiver.

some apps do their in-house processing better than others (any app HAS to do in-house processing of the raw GPS data, because the raw data is crap), but they can only make the resulting file so much better.

The 5th knuckle
    post upload on the differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.