mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Garmin 705 low battery warnings

I have a Garmin 705 with the latest firmware (3.30) I usually charge the unit off a standard USB wall wart. Lately I have been getting low battery warnings even just after the unit is charged. I dismiss the warning and the unit works fine. But the battery display also shows low charge despite the fact that the unit will last quite a few hours I'm not sure how many before it will turn off due to low battery.

I reloaded the firmware and did soft and hard resets. I'd like to think it's not the battery.

trail rat
    How old is it?
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

I just replaced the battery

Thanks Slocus. I let it run all the way down and recharged it. After two commutes 80 minutes during startup the battery indicator went from full green to empty (it changed state as I watched) and after two more rides it died, perhaps a total of three hours.

So I replaced the battery with this:

Amazon.com: 1250mAh Li-pl GPS Battery For Garmin Nuvi 200, Nuvi 200w, Nuvi 205, 205T, Nuvi 205W, Nuvi 250, Nuvi 205WT, Nuvi 255, Nuvi 255T, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 255WT, Nuvi 252w, Nuvi 260, Nuvi 260w, Nuvi 260WT, Nuvi 270, Nuvi 265WT: GPS & Navigation

With the correct very small torx driver it took maybe 15 minutes. So far so good.